A Dickens’ Christmas Carol: A Traveling Travesty in Two Tumultuous Acts
by Mark Landon Smith, Directed by Chuck Osuna
From the bonny shores of England comes the Styckes-Upon-Thump Repertory Theatre Company, a stuffy old travelling troupe embarking on their fifteenth annual farewell tour of the Dickens’ tale. The company includes Sir Selsdon Piddock, the consummate actor, in the role of Ebenezer Scrooge, with Mrs. Bettina Salisbury, Dame Rowena Middleton-Lewis, Mrs. Cordelia ffoliet-ffolkes ffortescue Woods, Teddy Shub and Elyot Crummels in multiple supporting roles. Sweet Cynthia Imbry, the general understudy, suddenly finds herself thrust onstage to perform a role she’s ill-prepared for! Bettina, the company diva, pretends to be ill, certain the production will be canceled. However, much to her shock and rage, the show does go on without her! Roles are shuffled at the last minute and poor Cynthia finds herself center stage. The play begins but mid-way through the theatre doors open and in rushes Bettina, determined to reclaim her roles. Mayhem ensues as this professional company scrambles to keep the show going and everything that could possibly go wrong does, to hilarious, ridiculous results!
3 Males, 4 Females
- Sir Selsdon Piddock – M, 20+. A classical actor in the truest sense of the word who will be playing Ebenezer Scrooge.
- Mrs. Cordelia Ffoliet-Ffolkes Ffortescue Woods – FM, 20+. An actress who wishes her resume was as long as her name. She will be playing multiple roles this evening.
- Dame Rowena Middleton-Lewis – FM, 20+. An actress of some pretensions who plays multiple roles.
- Cynthia Imbry – FM, 20+. A young actress who is the company understudy and is suddenly forced into the production and isn’t prepared but anxious to make an impression.
- Mr. Elyot Crummels – M, 20+. A once dashing leading man now playing character parts. He will be very busy in this evening’s production.
- Teddy Shub – M, 20+. An over-anxious young actor who appears to be all teeth. He plays every scene as though he were Macbeth.
- Mrs. Bettina Salisbury – FM, 20+, The company diva who was pretending to be ill for this evening’s performance, assured that the show would be canceled. It hasn’t been and she appears mid-way through the show determined to play her roles.
Sept 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Sept 19, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Dec 2-4, 9-11*
Show Times are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm.
Sundays at 2:00 pm, Saturday, Dec 10th show at 2:00 pm.